Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just Arrived!


IMG_20110616_111305
I arrived at the convention around 10:00. The plane trip could not have been better. I had an entire row to myself, where I could stretch out and relax, instead of rubbing elbows with some stranger sitting next to me. Before I knew it, I was on a shuttle to the hotel from the airport. I could not believe that I could check into my room immediately, which was really nice. Staying at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City, will be super convenient. I am really liking my room so far. Not bad. Then I registered for the convention. Everyone has been very helpful and nice, making this trip easy for me.

As I write this blog post, I am still taking it all in, trying not to get overwhelmed. There is so much to do and see! But I am excited and happy to be here. I can't wait to see some friends I made last year at the Milwaukee convention.

I am planning on attending Exhibit Grand Hall Opening at noon. Then I will go to the Newcomers' Session. I don't think I went to the Newcomers' Session last year, which would have been helpful, since I was a first timer. Later at five, I will go to the Young Adults Scavenger Hunt, which will take place at the National Mall. I am hoping the weather will be okay. It looks as if it is going to rain, unfortunately. But, I was assured that there is a backup plan in case this happens. Whether it rains or not, I will enjoy meeting everyone and hopefully I will see familiar faces. After I am finished with the scavenger hunt, I will be sure to go to the Get Acquainted Party at 8:30 p.m.

This is going to be an action packed afternoon and evening! Glad I am wearing comfortable shoes.

Right now, I am trying to figure where I should grab a bite to eat, my stomach is screaming at me to stop blogging. I think I am going to stay in the hotel or try to stay close. I don't want to do too much walking around, tiring myself. I am drinking my third coffee for today, which should help. :)

Thanks to our sponsors:

Before I end this post, I would like to give many thanks to Starky for sponsoring the Young Adults Scavenger Hunt, CaptionCall for sponsoring the Get Acquainted Party, Oticon for the registration badges, Med-El for the badges and lanyards, Verizon for the Passport, and for Tracfone, Wireless Inc. for sponsoring this blog!

*Please do not be surprised to see several grammatical errors amd mispellngs. Most likely, if time allows it, I will go back and make these corrections later.

(e

No comments:

Post a Comment